Ryan and Kiernan take listeners on a walking tour of New York City sites linked to Alexander Hamilton.
This week on Out of Office: A Travel Podcast, Ryan and Kiernan take listeners on a walking tour of New York City sites linked to Alexander Hamilton. (Okay, okay: one is in New Jersey.) There’s a massive amount of history and a minimal amount of singing—but, it’s Hamilton, so of course there’s got to be some singing.
Tune in to hear where Peggy is buried, why George Washington dressed like a UPS man, and how Alexander Hamilton died in a bunch of different places.
Things we talked about in today’s podcast:
- Stop 1: Dueling Grounds in Weehawken NJ (just a LITTLE outside NYC)
- Stop 2: Alexander Hamilton Custom House in Bowling Green
- Stop 3: Fraunces Tavern on Pearl Street
- Stop 4: Federal Hall
- Stop 5: Hamilton’s Grave
- Stop 6: 57 Maiden Lane
- Stop 7: 87 Jane Street
- Stop 8: Hamilton Statue in Central Park
- Stop 9: Hamilton Grange
- Stop 10: Burr’s Room
- Stop 11: Richard Rodgers Theatre
- Musical Dreams: Baron Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben
- Musical Dreams: Alexander von Humboldt
- The Hamilton Exhibition in Chicago
- Hamilton Tour at Philadelphia’s Museum of the American Revolution